Sunday, February 14, 2010

And now, for something completely different...

It's funny what a song can do.

I miss my dad.

My father died almost 24 years ago. I was 17. He's been gone longer than I knew him.

But it hurts. Alot. Sometimes...most times...I hate emotions.

I was always a "daddy's girl." Always wanted to tell him first about everything that happened. Every new thing in my life. And I haven't been able to in years. I couldn't talk to him when I got married the first time. Or when I got divorced. Or when I decided where to go to school. Or where to move for work. Or my choice of career. Or when I got married the second time.

I know he would have stood behind my decisions. As he always did. But that doesn't mean I didn't want to ask.

Why today? Why Valentine's Day? I don't know. I know it hurts. I know I want it to stop. I know I want my dad back.

No comments: